Sensitive skin creates various problems that unfortunately can’t be avoided unless you take good care of it. There is no magical solution to it, just rules and tips that if you follow you could make your life and face way happier. Remember that cleanliness and good hygiene is your skin’s best friend and facial products should be chosen with great care. When it comes to maintaining a healthy face, the improvements are gradually reached and you will need to be patient.
1. Silk is the best breathing material, since it soaks up the oil that your skin produces while you sleep.
2. Don’t use too many products. Pick a gentle cleanser, a moisturizer and a facial mask for detox.
3. Clean your face twice a day. Not only in the morning, but also is the afternoon after getting back in the house.
4. After cleansing and before putting on moisturizer, use a serum to boost your inner skin.
5. If you use scented products, throw them out. They are the no.1 reason for irritation and redness.
6. A benzoyl peroxide gel is probably the best way to treat acne and kill the bacteria off of your skin.
7. A retinoid product is the best treatment for wrinkles. Don’t overdo it. Use a small portion once a week.
8. Throw away the harsh scrubs. Opt for an AHA formula twice a week on the nights that you’re not using retinol.
9. Do not wash with hot water, but instead turn it to lukewarm. The high temperature sucks all the moisture from your skin.
10. Avoid soaps and soap-based products, because soaps are drying and your skin needs all the moisture it can get.
11. Wear sunscreen even when it’s cloudy and you don’t think that the sunrays with reach you.
12. Exfoliate your skin two times a week max. More exfoliation can make your skin susceptible to all types of irritation.
If you don’t take care of your skin, it will not take care of it on it’s own. Don’t let the years go by without doing anything. Our skin can fall anytime and age has nothing to do with it.