According to scientists, acne is the most common skin condition a lot of people deal with. It can be caused by many factors such as bad nutrition and even mental health problems such as anxiety or depression. Seventeen-year old artist named Hailey Wait was eager to share her acne story with the world. She said that it all started when she was 11 or 12 years old and a lot of her peers did make fun of her looks by calling her ”pizza face” and other mean things.
1. “People would call me names and send me death threats, saying that anyone with as much acne as I had, didn’t deserve to be alive.” Wait said.
2. At first, she was feeling very insecure about her skin condition that she wouldn’t even leave the house without make-up on.
3. She claimed that she even wore make-up inside her house just to feel like her skin is ”better”.
4. Once she decided to embrace her natural beauty, she started posting bare-faced selfies on social media so that other people could see that acne is indeed pretty.
5. That was the moment she started seeing a lot of support by other people, who also shared their acne problems with her.
6. Of course online hate comments were inevitable.
“At the end of the day, it helps to realize that most people who bully others have their own insecurities as well, and a lot of times they’re only projecting that onto you,” she said. “There’s so much more to a person than their appearance, and it’s honestly so shallow to bully someone over their appearance.”
7. The truth is that weather you are confident with your appearance or not, there will always be other people to judge you.
8. Hailey decided to ignore those people and now she is finally confident in her skin.
Hailey Wait is just one person of out millions who have this skin condition. Remember that everything is natural and learn to love your unique and special appearance.