One of the first questions that someone asks you when they first meet you is ‘what street you live on’. It is a natural question that comes up when having a conversation and trying to get to know someone. The street we live on plays a huge part in our pick for a future home. If you grow up in a quiet and neighborhood with lots of trees around, then it is highly possible that the environment of a city centre will not be your first choice in the future. It also gives us a primitive idea of what a neighborhood means to us and how close we want to be with the people living next door.
1. How can you not be a romantic person when you live in Cherry Blossom Avenue in Bonn, Germany?
You just can’t help it.
2. The Shambles in York, UK makes us travel back in time and feel like we live in a time where Instagram and Facebook are absent.
3. Rua Gonçalo de Carvalho in Porto Alegre, Brazil is closer to my idea of a majestic and dreamy road to pass by every morning.
I should just move there already.
4. Island Molyvos in Greece is a wonderful place in its entirety and this specific small path is one of the most dreamy you will find.
5. Burano in Venice, Italy is one of the most colorful areas in the city and a boat ride at any time of the day should be worth the money.
6. Bibury in England is another ‘back in time’ area that shows us another side of this world’s beauty that is untouched and un-manipulated by our civilization.
7. Chania in Crete, Greece is another island town that will make feel like taking longer walks during all times of the day.
8. Kotor in Montenegro looks like a medieval wonderplace, where people of all ages could feel welcome and in awe.
Any street provides its natural beauty, but needs the surrounding environment in order to look ever prettier. And if we’re talking about neighborhood streets, the flowers of a residence and the city’s care of the street is crucial to the complimenting of the area.