The history of fashion is a tremendously interesting area that many people spend a lot of time to investigate and learn about. I have fascinated myself with a little investigation and it is truly incredible to find out all these trends that people were forced to follow during the course of time. These trends weren’t always pretty or comfortable, but people had no other choice but to follow them, since the fashion rules back in time were a lot stricter than they are today. If all the fashion industries make the same clothes, how can you dress differently?
1. The hobble skirt was a trend that lived from 1908 to 1914 and was inspired by the first woman who ever flew on a plane.
2. The bullet bra was probably the worst trend in recent history in fashion. It wasn’t only aesthetically horrible, but also unacceptable for women’s appearance.
3. The only time the beehive was trendy after the 1960s was when Amy Winehouse decided to launch the look.
4. The 1980s were all about padded shoulders whereas nowadays women are opting for a more slimmer look and fashion style.
5. Even though Rihanna brought the underwear-over-the-pants look in her Pour it Up music video, I am glad to see the aerobics workout clothes not coming back officially.
6. Just admit it. You were also wearing a fanny pack back in the early 2000s. I mean, it was the inn thing to wear!
7. Remember low-rise jeans that allowed your thong to show? I feel so glad that I was in a young age and wasn’t allowed to wear those things.
8. Once Paris Hilton had a fake tan, everyone was doing it and aside from being bad to our health it was the most aesthetically ugly thing.
Just because something becomes a trend and many people do it, it doesn’t mean that you have to do it as well and follow the mass. The meaning of your life is staying true to yourself and not blending with the masses. Try and be unique, not just another trend follower.