Prom night is one of the most important nights in the life of a woman and school girls spend a lot of time in advance in order to find the perfect dress. But, sometimes it is very hard to find exacly what you are looking for in a shop and you just have to put your own hands on the piece and turn it into the gown of your dreams. Many girls, including Amber Scholl, decided to DIY their prom dress after buying a piece that was similar to what they wanted for their special night. The results are so amazing that must have made quite an impression at prom night.
1. Nazmayde Castillo and her $50 dress from Fashion Nova
Nazmayde bought this wonderful mini dress from Fashion Nova, which she later altered by adding feathers and turning it into a long gown.
2. Amber Scholl and her $4 thrift shop dress
How awesome is that?
3. Shami Oshun spent $15 in supplies to create her own dress from scratch
15 dollars might sound too little for a prom dress, but when you have a passion for fashion, you can make magic with them.
4. Ysabel sewed her own dress spending just a few dollars
Isabel learned how to use a sewing machine from her dad when she was 8 and by the time her prom night had arrived she was experienced enough to make her own dress from scratch.
5. Charlotte couldn’t afford to buy a new dress, so she made one herself
Charlotte spent less than $100 to buy material for her dress and she also made her own hair and makeup, which saved her even more money.
6. Celeste commissioned her mom to make this gorgeous gown
She and her best friend were announced as prom King and Queen and Justin Bieber showed up at the party.
7. This ombre dyed dress is for these girls who have a more casual style
An ombre dyed dress can solve many problems, especially when you already have a dress that you’ve worn quite a few times, but you want to change it up a little bit.
8. An Afro-centric dress that will definitely put you in the centre of attention
Prom night must be a night that you will enjoy with all your heart and your dress is part of that excitement you feel. A personally crafted dress will have a much bigger meaning for you not only during that night, but also in the future.