Relationships is one of those matters in life that will never be perceived by everyone in the same way. Some people will agree on a few things and some others will agree on completely different stuff. That happens because nobody taught us how relationships should or should work out because there is simply no rules to follow. To be more accurate, there are a few rules that almost everybody understands and tries to follow, but it is so easy to forget all about them and make a turn at some point. It’s when you feel more desperate that you need to go back to the basic rules and try to put them to operation, because it’s them that might help you win back what you’ve lost.
1. That’s the most famous and popular quote about relationships
Personally, I think that this one is deeper than most people realise. Of course everyone is free to live at any time, anyway, but sometimes you need to stop being the only one who tries to maintain a relationship.
2. No relationship will ever be a Garden of Eden
No one is perfect and neither are you. Try to remember that.
3. Don’t make the mistake to start a relationship if you are not willing to care
The thing is, sometimes being afraid of getting hurt will result in missing out of valuable experiences and life lessons.
4. Long-lasting things always take too much effort to succeed
Of course, that doesn’t mean that you should tolerate any kind of abuse, but relationships require effort.
5. You also try to find any other leaks that could result in your house being destroyed
On the other hand, if the house has fallen apart years ago, it might be time to move out.
6. Nothing more to be said.
If you just say that the circumstances are tearing you apart, that just means you have other priorities than them.
7. Don’t play too hard to get or ‘too busy’ to call
Just be genuine.
8. No one of these rules can be kept if you can’t make time in the first place
I would add that communication is also vital.
9. Not caring to argue means that that you don’t care at all
Of course, if you guys argue all the time, or if one of you becomes disrespectful, that’s a red flag.
10. Time is there for us to find. If you don’t, then you never really tried
I wholeheartedly support that.
11. Understanding always has its boundaries
And that’s how it goes.
12. It’s not just you lost the ideal one, it’s also him who lost their ideal one
There is no guidebook to tell us how to make relationships work. You just have to learn how to work with each other and solve your issues. Nothing was ever done without trying hard and working harder.